Saturday, September 13, 2008

T minus 4 days

This weekend we're just hanging out with the kids (I have an AMAZING soccer story to report!) and Derrek's getting some much needed rest. My mom called last night wondering how long Derrek's recovery would be and I realized I hadn't really talked about that. If everything goes as planned (and we're betting on it), Derrek should only be out of work completely for a couple of weeks. He won't be able to lift over 10 pounds for about 4 to 6 weeks. Then they suggest he still take it fairly easy at work up until about 3 months and try to avoid lifting anything over 20 pounds (big lumber, logs, etc.) I'm sure as soon as he can be on the phone with his business partners, he will be. I'm even more sure once the soreness subsides and he can get off the pain medication, he'll be at work as much as possible watching over his projects. His surgery is laparoscopic so he'll have 4 small incisions vs. 1 12" incision like the old days.

Tomorrow night (Sunday) the whole Penick family is going out to eat for a Pre-Transplant Dinner. Then Chris, Wanda, Derrek and I are going to San Antonio on Monday night because Chris and Derrek have some testing and classes that start early on Tuesday morning. I'll post what we learn on Tuesday night. I have a lot to do in the next couple of days!

No comments: