Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Malt-O-Meal Ain't No Joke

So this morning I was fixing myself some Malt-O-Meal and thinking about how I'm so glad I've rekindled my love for it because its soooooooooo good. My mom fixed it all the time when we were young and I always forget about it. Well I saw it at the grocery store the other day and thought maybe I will start eating a proper breakfast now. I think this morning, I was even thinking about blogging about falling back in love with it and calling the post something like "Rekindling an Old Flame". So it's totally ironic what happened next. I'm not sure if you're familiar with Malt-O-Meal but you have to stir it very often when cooking it in the microwave or it gets really lumpy. Of course, I put a paper towel over everything I put in the microwave because I think it cooks better that way AND it saves me from huge messes. Well, I've been making Malt-O-Meal alot this last week so I have sort of a rythym going. As soon as the microwave shuts off in between each stir, I'm ready with a spoon to stir again. I pull the paper towel off quickly so it doesn't fall into the food. Well, today for some reason I used two paper towels and the bottom one had already sunk into the Malt-O-Meal. So when I pulled the paper towel off with my left hand, the bottom one stuck immediately to my wrist and burned the tar out out of me. It's throbbing even 2 hours later.

2 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

hi friend, it's ok that you scanned. you only need to live thru that one once to remember it forever! :)

um, i recently rekindled with cream of wheat! ha! sorry about your burn. oof.

i'll be checking on derrek's verdict... fingers are crossed, prayers are said!

Traci said...

Ouch! But I oh-so-love Malt-O-Meal! Hope your burn is better now.