Monday, September 8, 2008

More Blood Work

Even though, the surgery is scheduled and everything is a go, Derrek and Chris will have to have some blood work done two more times before surgery to triple-check the match. Today, they are driving to San Antonio together for their blood tests. I hope Derrek makes it. You know there's the whole fasting issue when you have blood work done and Chris is on a different schedule today...meaning Derrek is just waiting on him to leave. I'm sure he'll be fine but it's kind of funny how panicky he gets. (If it were me fasting, I'd panic around 8 am).

The next day that we know they are going back is next Tuesday (day before surgery) for donor/recipient classes. Wanda and I will be joining them so there will be people there actually listening. I think they'll check-in to the hospital that night and Derrek should go in pretty early on Wednesday morning. I'll have my computer with me and try to post updates on Tuesday night.

No comments: