Sunday, November 16, 2008

Here We Go...Day 1

So I'm really behind and everyday I wonder how am I going to say it all? So, instead of one big post trying to say two weeks worth of motherhood, I'm going to break it up.
Here are my pictures from labor and his arrival.
And thank you, Cassell for being my guest blogger on the big day and keeping everyone updated. I probably should have commissioned you for the last two weeks since I've done such a crummy job of keeping up.
My water broke at home so I was having mild contractions at this point. We had just gotten settled into the room and ready for the wait.


The wait got a little painful so we didn't take any more pictures until here...right after the epidural. I was doing great.


The kids got out of school right after my epidural so they hung out a little bit in the room. I heard the waiting room was a mad house...they opted to hang out there most of the time with all of the other kids.
I had to have a double-dose (of sorts) of the epidural so I got a little nauseous a couple of times...so glad my mom was there:) They also had me on a small drip of pitocin so labor was progressing...it actually progressed much faster than we thought.

Here he is! All swollen and slimy!

He hated the footprints and then stopped crying when they gave him a big shot in his leg!

Daddy calmed him down.


I can't believe I'm a mom! Just like that.

Ashley & Blake came in to meet their brother before the rest of the family. We got a few moments alone just the FIVE of us!




Mimi
Mammaw and Pappaw
Granddad and Sandy

Aunt Lea and Aunt Happy (my sisters-in-law)

Auntie Jayne and Uncle P

Monica
Cassell
After his bath....




Unfortunately there were so many babies born that day at our hospital, there wasn't enough staff to send Cash to the nursery for the night so I could get some rest. So here he is sleeping with Daddy. I still didn't get much rest. I had to check for breathing and I woke up to every grunt or sound he made. Still the best night of my life.
Tomorrow, I'll tackle the rest of the two weeks. Right now I'm not sleeping when Cash is sleeping. Big mistake!

3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

oh jordan, i have butterflies (really) just reading every word of that ... maybe because it makes me relive that wonderful day for us too. pure joy. i can't wait to hear and see more, but that was a great taste and will hold me over! Cash is beautiful, and you looked great thru it all!!! xoxo.

Noe Family said...

So glad you updated!!! Isn't labor so much fun:-)....I mean that too, in a sick way! Can't wait to see more pictures of the little doll. Hope you're well. Andrea

Cassell said...

You know. I had thought about offering to post something for you, but knew that I could never do justice to your experience with my own words. We all needed to hear it from you. So thanks for this post! Can't wait for more. And I also want to say that you AMAZE me!!! You are so at ease and natural with Cash. (You're supposed to be frazzled like the rest of us first-time moms.) You seem to be enjoying every single moment, and have nothing even slightly negative to say about the difficult transition you are in the process of making. You're looking gorgeous in your pre-pregnancy jeans, have a clean kitchen, and are managing to shower daily. I am so impressed. (Please stop making me look so bad.) I am looking forward to you coming back to work, but want you to take all the time you need to adjust and enjoy him and this precious time. I'll do whatever I can to make it all "work" at work.