Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Seriously

I'm a broken record and I realize this. Blogging is on the backburner these days. I'm still working at Root and the bakery doing the books. I've finally started taking Cash to a babysitter a couple of days a week. It was hard the first time but OH does it feel good to actually be productive! Not that spending all day with a child can't be productive but trying to give your all to work and your child at the same time feels anti-productive, if that's a word. I know many of my friends have felt this pain. Anyway, Destiny, Lea and I have also jumped (with both feet!) into transitioning the bakery. From the old to the new. From bakery to bakery plus (beer, wine, lunch). From Mike to the three of us. From country blue to turqoise. We have high hopes for revamping the bakery and building the business and we hope to kick off the first phase of our takeover during Octoberfest. Many things have to happen without a hiccup for this to actually take place but we're still hopeful. I had no idea what to expect when we started this but I have to say, it has been a blast so far. I know we have many years to go and lots of hard work ahead of us but spending my days with Lea and Destiny with similar goals in mind, has been fun. The point of this story, is just to convince my readers (if there are any left!) that I've added one more thing to the overflowing "plate". It feels great! Tonight, I've tried to catch up on some posts I started TWO months ago (see Cash's Baptism from May & the Horn Family Reunion from June) and see really how far behind I am. 10 posts behind to be exact. Probably 750 pictures to sort through. But I can do this. One post at a time right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am RIGHT there with you! i keep saying it and promising myself and NOTHING! good luck with the bakery! sounds exciting!