Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cash is Baptized

Last weekend was one of the best weekends of my life, I have to say. Both of our families gathered in Brownwood to witness Cash's baptism at St. John's Episcopal Church. Mom and Steve are members there and it is where Derrek and I got married. We really like Fr. Nelson and wanted him to do the baptism. It was a private family ceremony on Saturday. I was very excited about it but it was just so much more than I imagined. It was relaxed and Cash was well-behaved. The kids got to all gather around close to the baptismal font and watch. When Cash started to fuss a bit, Fr. Nelson took him and let him hold (and chew on!) the silver scoop he was going to use to pour water on his head. Then used his bare hand to scoop water for the baptism instead.He also did a very special family blessing and anointed all 5 of us with oil. I feel I almost always have a thankful heart but I was vividly reminded how blessed I am.








All the cousins, except Ruby...



All of the cousins, except Rance!





That picture posing is traumatic!





Cole & Blake



The ceremony begins




















Here we go...




















This is right before we were all anointed. Yes, I'm crying.








Thank you, Fr. Nelson!






























Cash & his great-aunts, J'Lyn and Kay.







Ashley & Alice










Our crew at lunch.







The kids tables





At Mimi's at last to play! This is the same day he started sitting up AND crawling.










2 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

well heck yeah i'm still reading! what an amazing baptism for that sweet little man, and the special family anointment (is that a word?) was such a beautiful idea.

i had no idea that you, lea, & destini were taking the bakery over and giving it a fresh new look - that is so perfect for you! i can't wait to see and hear more about it.

i'll email you about giving your blog a little makeover... I got a cool new program and want to practice! :)

keep the new posts coming (one at a time) ... you still have a fanbase out here!

jordanb said...

Yes!!! I really want a cute blog. Help me!