Thursday, June 18, 2009

Horn Family Reunion

Last weekend, Cash and I met, Aunt Traci, Sam, Alice, Ruby, Mimi and Grandpa Steve (Ruby has renamed him Peepaw!) in Brownwood and traveled to Weatherford for the Horn Family Reunion. My maternal grandmother was Wilma Horn. She had four sisters. Clara Ruth (Aunt Sister) was the oldest and died in 1978. Wilma was then the oldest to Aunt Ila, Aunt Mary and Aunt Reba. You may recall, 4 days before Cash was born, my grandmother passed away. She had never missed a reunion and I definitely was missing her this weekend! It was a great time for Mom and my Aunt J'Lyn to visit with all of their first cousins. They all were lucky enough to grow up fairly close together and it's neat to see the distance and years between their get-togethers just fall away. They all laugh easily together and share and equally appreciate their joint upbringings. As usual, I was able to get a few money shots of Cash when we were there. My sister and I stayed an extra night at Mom & Steve's after the reunion. I miss my family:)






Mom, J'Lyn and their Horn Family cousins


Bathtime with Mimi
Do you think he knows he's cute?



Love this picture! I'm not really sure why she got so upset...
This may be one of my all-time favorite pictures.






Saying our good-byes..A slimey kiss for Alice.

A slimey kiss for Sam.

No comments: