Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Seven Months? Are you kidding me?


Okay, so it's seven and a half months. I'm a blogging loser these days. After this post, I think I will be completely excused. The last 6 weeks have been nothing short of a blur. Trying to communicate with this wirey, strong, climbing little ball of movement is challenging, to say the least. He's crawling. He's pulling up. He's yelling. He says "oooooohhhhhhhhhhhh". He can blow. He can say "dadadadadadadadada" (not to be confused with "Dada"). He - and has always - smiles with his whole face. If you're holding him when he's standing up and he wants to turn, he just turns so you have to be ready. He's calling the shots and it's our job to just make sure he doesn't crash and burn. He's eating now!!! What does he eat, you ask? Uh, mostly, BEANS. Much to my close family and friends sickening enjoyment, my kids favorite food is freakin' beans. In case you didn't know, I HATE beans. He doesn't just like them, he cries between bites to ready himself for the next mouthful of mushed up black, whole, pinto, baked or refried beans. The part that I do like about this is that most restaurants serve some type of beans. Most of the restaurants we patron anyway, since we eat 80% Mexican food. So I often find myself fighting a gag when I have beans ON me. Yuck. But I have to say, Cash eating until he can't eat anymore is so worth raising a bean-lover. He's also added bananas, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cereal, Puffs (excellent time-waster when I need to eat), prunes (NECESSARY with the drastic breast-milk-only-straight-to-table-food transition), and Malt-O-Meal. We're also down to two naps a day. It mostly comes from the fact that I spend too much time dragging him all over town for work & errands. But they are good naps. He still isn't really gaining much weight. He still hovers around 17 pounds. He seems to be changing though, right in front of our eyes. However, one physical characteristic that we love that seems unchanging, as of yet, is that he has this AWESOME patch of hair that grows right over his left ear. It has grown longer and thicker each month. It is also extremely straight and tough to tuck behind his ear.
He continues to become more attached to me and a little clingy when he's tired or hungry. So strange for a baby, right? Anyway, my goal is to have him with a babysitter a couple days a week by 8 months. I just have to make the call! It will be so good for us. Both of us. But look at that face!












1 comment:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

i love him! great update. he looks so cute sitting up in his pjs, and i love his concentration face! can't wait to see him again... oh, and you too. :)