Friday, April 17, 2009

Cash vs. Cereal: Round 2

So we've tried the cereal for almost two months now. At one point, we kind of took a break just because he really wasn't getting it and it was not worth the daily battle. So, a couple of weeks ago, I finally started trying it again. I could get some down but he gets so distracted. His toes, the dog, the spoon, the bowl, anything else in a 10 foot radius can take his attention away. At my mom's house this weekend, he at least started licking it for me but would push it all off the spoon because his lips were closed so tight and his tongue would just jump out without warning. But I finally saw the effort there and knew we were about to turn a corner. Then, I think it was Monday morning, I asked Patsy if she could watch Cash while I took the kids to school so I didn't have to wake him up. When I got home, there they were sitting in the kitchen and he was opening his mouth and swallowing cereal and bananas like he'd been doing it for years! That night I finally got him to eat for me but he's sooooooooo much better with Daddy & Mammaw. I think I need to work on being more entertaining but I'm not too sad about others having to feed him every once in a while!
















3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

hands down, the cutest thing i've seen all day. i love that little naked man sitting in his bumbo, and how FUNNY that he gobbled it down for derrek & his mom!

i love his expressions!!

The Leonard Four said...

he is so stinkin' cute! :)

Noe Family said...

If you ask your mom what she fed you and Tracy with, she'll probably say and infant feeder! Of course I listened to my mom and fed both of my boys with one. They love it. She explained to me that all they have right now is the sucking reflex, so when you put a spoon in their mouth, they push the food out with their tongue. Well, my boys ate their cereal with an infant feeder until they were over 1. Loved it!! I would nurse at night then Matt would rock them and feed them their cereal and he got to put them to bed too. Worth a try with Cash! And my mom said "they will learn to use a spoon...you did! The infant feeder won't screw anyone up!" Words of wisdom!!