Thursday, April 16, 2009

Woe is Me

Okay, these aren't true "woes", please know I understand that. I know my family is happy and healthy and I know it's really not cool to feel sorry for yourself about small things but Cassell's blog inspired me today to use my blog to "journal" a little more. I usually just report the facts (my facts) about what is going on in my life but today, I'm gonna whine a little.

So why do I feel sorry for myself today? Mostly, because of my sub-par blog. I know. Most of you are probably already tearing up. But seriously. I don't even have a cute page. It's only one of those templates that you can choose from on blogger. My friend, Paige, tried to tell me how to make a cute header (if that's what they're called) like hers and all of her rad blogger friends. That's another thing. She likes meets people through her blog. I think I must not be utilizing this blog to its fullest. I was so sure of my blogging for a while and now I feel like a wannabe. My pictures haven't been all that great lately. I haven't focused on capturing the moments like I used to. I think I'm in a rut. It probably has to do with the fact that I feel a little guilty when I blog because now that I'm working from home I feel like every minute Cash is asleep, I need to be working. So when I do blog, I'm always in a hurry so I don't write like I used to either. I used to think I could really tell a story. Not so much. So, instead of blaming myself I'd like to blame all of my blogging friends. Mostly Cassell, Paige & Seana. You all and your blogging skills can kiss it. I, of course, am saying that with love. Kind of.

6 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

i just nearly spit out of my coffee when I got to the part about me because I didn't see it coming at ALL. that's how good you are. :)

you want a cute new layout to reinspire you? my treat.

your writing doesn't need a cute backdrop - it really is that good. like it's so good, and easy and natural to you that it kind of gets on my nerves. see? we're even. i totally want to be more like you! ;)

The Leonard Four said...

OMGosh...jordan! you are so funny! i love reading your blog! it's one of my faves! i think that you're witty and real, which is why i like to read about your sweet fam! keep up the blogging, girl!

Seana said...

Jordan, you're the best and hilarious! You are a FANTASTIC writer, the best storyteller! I love reading your blog. As far as keeping up with it, yes that is so hard especially while working from home and taking care of a baby, which YOU KNOW that I KNOW how that can be. Mom guilt can be the worst, I just started this week with M going to my friends house twice a week, that has helped a lot, which btw I need to blog about that-SEE we all have the same feelings. Oh and the photo thing, I'm the WORST photographer and constantly struggle with that perfectionism. Regarding the banner, the banner doesn't matter as much as the words, and yours are always honest, funny and real, keep it up-don't know what I'd do without your blog!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh jordan! i feel the exact same way! it's so much pressure BUT i love reading yours too and i often wonder WHY i don't get a lot of comments from people and have no followers! lol you write so well and it's so real! that's why i like it! :) i can help you do a design if you want. i'm not as great as everyone BUT i love doing it!

Cassell said...

You really must have NO idea how HILARIOUS you are! Your blog brightens my day and always puts a huge smile on my face. I LOVE the way you write and often envy your easy way of slipping in a little self-depricating humor without sounding whiny or like you're fishing for a compliment. You wouldn't be near as hard on yourself if you could only see it from our eyes...just look at these comments - you have quite a following!

jordanb said...

ok. promise I wasn't fishing. but that was nice:)