Friday, February 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Blake!

So, Big Brother Blake is 6 today! I cannot believe it. You know, when Derrek and I started dating Blake had just turned 2. He's grown into such a great kid. And, he's oh so very handsome. He's been counting down the days to today for about a month now, never losing track. This morning Daddy fixed his hair in a mohawk and we put on a snazzy shirt. We blasted some Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" (his favorite song) on the way to school. Derrek and I also joined him for lunch and took some cupcakes to his class. I hope the teacher lets us come back! The kids were getting a little creative with their faces and the colored icing!






He's asking for a Wii Fit for Daddy's house and I'm not sure what he requested from Mommy. He also loves Hot Wheels, Transformers (our party theme!), monster trucks, dinosaurs, anything remote control and he likes art supplies too. He's so excited about his bowling party tonight because all the people he loves will be all together. I think he probably secretly wishes we actually lived with his mom or at least next door. He really has trouble with the back and forth sometimes. Who wouldn't? Sometimes when we're having a really fun moment at our house, he'll say, "I wish Mommy was here" or "Mommy could see this". Then a couple of times he's told me he really wishes I could come over to his mom's and play sometime. Like his mom says, "He's a lover."
Happy Birthday, Blake! You've brought more joy to my life than I ever knew possible! You make me so proud. Here are some of my favorite pictures of you!




























1 comment:

Traci said...

He is just the cutest! Tell him Happy Birthday from Sam & Alice & Ruby. Gift will come sometime soon.... it is coming from Aunt Traci who is always LATE. We love you, Blake!