Wednesday, February 11, 2009

3 Months!

I think I've said before that there are times when I'm living my life as a blog. Always thinking about how I can add some event that I'm enjoying or need to vent about to the blog. Now that finding time to blog has become very difficult I still am thinking "in blog" but I'm sitting here and I feel like I've forgotten it all! Now that I'm behind all the time, I try to fit so much in at once so the blog quality is suffering and I apologize. Anyway, I'm working on it. I hope I haven't lost anyone. My mom says she still checks it every day so that's good. Of course, if my mom wasn't reading this, that probably means no one is reading this. Wow, I'm really rambling. Focus, Jordan. Here we go. Back to Cash.
So it was a week ago, Cash reached this awesome milestone. Three months is the golden number, of sorts. "Everyone" says things just kind of click at three months. It all comes together. I'm still waiting to see if this is true because on Feb 3, his official 3-month birthday, he stopped sleeping through the night and became a finicky eater. It's fairly conclusive now that he's officially teething! Poor little guy. Drool? Check. Low-grade fever? Check. Loss of appetite? Check. Chewing on anything and everything (including some very painful areas!)? Check. I didn't believe it for a few days. Three months is early. But my mother says that I cut teeth at three months as well so that helped convince me. So things are going quite as smoothly as they were at 2.75 months but holy cow, is it still fun!
His smile is bigger and comes more often than ever. He almost winks because one side smiles a little bigger than the other. If he's fed and not extremely tired, he'll flash it to anyone. It may be accompanied by some drool and/or spit up but it just adds to the charm. He would rather be standing most of the time so he can be face to face with you when he smiles. Derrek and Ashley can get a pretty good giggle out of him. Blake & I are still working on it. He is finally starting to touch all of those things he's always staring at so intently. The best is when he touches my face. The. Best. He's also found himself in the mirror and, from what I can tell, thinks he's as cute as the rest of us do. His "talking" offers much more variety now. He'll throw in a good squeal or scream among the "aahs" and "oohs". When he's really thinking hard about something (touching something or getting splashed at bathtime) his arms and legs go straight and his eyes get HUGE and he purses his lips. It's so awesome. He loves to watch tv or anything electronic that lights up. I don't like him to do it much but it's great when I need to get some things done in the evening and he chills with Daddy watching tv. He also is ALWAYS trying to sit up. If he's not sleeping in his carseat, he's holding his head up trying to get out. Or when I lay him down and he's tired of that he just lifts his head as long as he can or until I pick him up. When I walk away from him in his play thing that he got for Christmas (so need a new name for that), I never know where he'll be when I come back. He usually makes the best of it no matter where he is. Also, like a real big boy, he arches his back when you put him in his carseat to make it really difficult to get him in. Sometimes he's whining and crying but sometimes he just laughing at me as I struggle. He's hit a point when you're holding him or he's sitting in your lap that you have to be ready for anything. He can be a bit spastic.
























2 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

omg look at that little mover! he is all over! i had to go back and watch a video of jagger at almost the exact same age as Cash... where he is talking and sounds just like Cash. I absolutely LOVE that little chattering they do! i'll send you the link ... it's kind of neat to see them at the same age.

I REALLY need to meet this little guy.

jordanb said...

I know. I cannot wait until you meet and I cannot wait to meet Jagger and touch that famous hair! Pls send the video! I've actually wanted to go back on your blog and read the first 3 months again.