Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Craziest Birthday Party Ever

Six year olds know how to party. For. Real. I felt like the 3 hours we spent at the bowling alley last night was a complete blur. It was a dead sprint from start to finish. I'm always saying I want my house and life to be a circus, of sorts, but maybe again, I'm not completely ready. First there was bowling and a beer. I remember that part. And my mom & Steve were there helping with Cash but he was a little fussy and probably a little overwhelmed as well. Then the kids starting getting there and all of our closest friends. The pizzas came out and Gayla tried to get the kids to eat but they had reached some sort of not-hungry adrenaline high. Then the cake. Then the part I can't remember or may even want to forget is the opening of presents. Ripping and tearing and throwing paper and screaming and "who's it from?!" and "what is it?" and "here's the next one!" and "oh wow!" and kids all around. And let me just tell you, that is so Gayla's speed. She was right there in the middle of it keeping up with no problem. I would have been saying, "slow down!", "back up!", "breath!" So that's why I'm the one taking pictures. The most important thing is that Blake had a blast!

Cole, Blake's cousin, stayed over after the party. Things calmed down pretty quickly when we got home because those boys literally ran in circles (this was after the present-opening madness) for about an hour and a half. Derrek put fake switchblades in the goodie bags we gave out and they were a huge success. I love Cole because when he gets tired of something, he's very clear that he's tired of it and he's clear that he's tired and clear that he's ready to go be calm. So when we got home, Derrek set up a tent in the living room and Cole promptly climbed in and passed out. Blake watched a little SpongeBob but followed closely behind.

Best of all, Cash let me sleep a good 5&1/2 hours (not the 7 hours we had going a month ago but I'll take it!) and I needed it.


Right after the birthday wish.


Our friend, Luke tasting the cake.
Caleb, Blake & Cole
Mimi & Cash
Grandpa Steve & Cash
Here come the gifts...






No comments: