Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Belated Anniversary!

So, not only did I not post on time for Derrek's birthday but I'm 12 days late posting for our anniversary. As of October 14, we've been married for two years. Both of us, in a loving way, say it seems much longer than that. I can hardly remember life before Derrek and his kids and I'm sure that's why it seems that way to him too:) You know, because it's been like heaven for him.

Everyone tells you the first year of marriage is much harder than you think it's going to be and that was VERY true. In fact, our first year lasted a little longer than that factoring in the step parenting situation and the difference in our past relationships. However, I have to say it has made it all that much more fulfilling in the end. Learning (the hard way) how to be part of a team like this is the best feeling I've ever felt. Maybe it's because it's such a miracle that two people can live in the same (tiny) house addressing issues of the past, raising step children, having children together, planning our future among it all and holding down two jobs we care about all while speaking two different languages, that's a huge accomplishment that we can be proud of together! We are the epitomy of freakin' Venus & Mars and we're still here and I'm still madly in love. He's creative, dedicated, loyal, a great cook, a passionate father, goofy, hilarious on pain medication, and, even considering he speaks Martian most of the time, there's no doubt in my mind he was made for me.
Our most recent pic that you've seen before (Octoberfest).




Our first anniversary in Colorado.


The last night of our honeymoon.

Our first steps as a family.




The beginning.


1 comment:

Cassell said...

Those wedding photos get me every time! I don't know why! I just love you both so darned much and it makes me so happy that you two found each other. And of course, that Ashley and Blake have such a special George in their lives. Happy belated Anniversary!