Thursday, August 23, 2012

As Paige Rod Would Say, "EW!"

Paige Rodriguez (was Paige Whitlock at the time) is the first friend I made after college and she pretty much saved my life. What I wouldn't give to live next door to her until I die. She's one of those people that just TOTALLY 100% gets me. It kind of makes me think about that movie, "What's My Number?" with Ana Farris that most of you probably haven't seen. But the whole thing is about finding her true love and she finally figures out true love is when you're totally yourself. So, no, I'm not in love with Paige, like that. But I love her as a sister and find comfort, no matter how long its been, because she still gets me. Even with layers of marriage and kids and crazy ladies and life, she has x-ray vision and still sees me there.  Thank God for her and actually, for the fact that I have SO many amazing women that I call friends. I know how rare it is and I totally plan to start milking it a little more:) ANYWAYSSSSSS, Paige and I worked on the same trading floor but emailed incessantly all day, every day. We weren't talking about work either. Fashion. Love. Future. Weddings. Jokes. Her lame boyfriend. Business Ideas. My boyfriend. Our potential. Whatever we were talking about, I promise we were laughing. Oh my gosh, can I get to the point? The point is, she always spelled "ooooh" like "ew". But maybe she meant "ew". It was a long time ago but when I read that I have to make a face like something stinks. Whoah. How do I do that? It's totally ok if you're lost.

Why am I saying "ew" in the first place?  I'm still getting used to the many changes and updates in Blogger. I vaguely remember thinking how cool it was to see the referring websites when I blogged two years ago. Always felt like I knew exactly who was reading. Now I was just looking at my "stats" and there was a website I'd never heard of but the name seemed totally harmless. Uh, but it wasn't. It was disgusting. I'm still recovering. I don't like that I'm linked to it somehow. It gives me the creeps. I also noticed that the same number of hits from that site is equal to the number of hits I got from Russia today. Yeah, I know. Doesn't really clear anything up. But that's what the "ew" is all about.

I also learned in my short research session today that I need to ask my audience to subscribe. Some bloggers have neat little "buttons" but I don't know exactly how to do that. My buttons disappear (which I thought I liked; very clean looking) but, they tell me, I want people to follow me. So, friends, move your mouse over to the black bar on the right. Now go to the bottom and the word "subscribe" will pop out. Click it and follow the instructions. If you're moved by anything you read, I'd love to hear from you in the comments. I mean you've already gone through the trouble of registering with google right?  You might as well walk around like you own the place. If you're reading but this whole blogger thing isn't your thing, find me on Twitter @jordanb01, Instagram @penick5 or let me know you read the blog and friend me on Facebook. So wish, I had all the cool buttons for those things. I'll figure it out. One day, I WILL have buttons!!! (say it like a superhero). Paige blogs too. Probably consistently. Definitely beautifully.

If you're a visitor from a skanky website, please go take a shower before reading about me or my kids. Seriously. I'm totally grossed out.



No comments: