Sunday, January 4, 2009

Mama's Boy


Okay, my doctor told me that you can't spoil a baby before they're 3 months old and I just want to say right now that I think it's a crock. Cash is proving that theory wrong more and more every day. I think he's officially spoiled rotten. I know there are a million do's and don'ts when it comes to raising a baby and everyone's list is different and one of the hardest things about being a first-time mom is sorting through it all and deciding what you want. Well, one of the things I chose to work on was trying to put Cash down when he was still awake so he could put himself to sleep. I don't think it's the end of the world when it doesn't happen but it's the goal. Last week, I kind of bragged that I could put him down and he put himself to sleep the majority of the time. Well, I guess he heard me and didn't approve because now he always wants to be held! What is up, Dude? He's such a mama's boy! Yes, that's what I want really but I need him to PRETEND he's a daddy's boy sometimes. Or at least just be cool, man. He just can't do it. He's started this new cry to where he doesnt' breath for what feels like an eternity. Just because he needs to be picked up. So, this will be hard but starting at 3 months (only one little short month away!), I'm gonna get tough. Well, tougher.

3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

I believe the rule is a YEAR. :) matt's mom told me once that her secret to raising 2 very confident children was that she never let them cry. that if you just let them cry it out, it made them have poor self-esteem and all they need is love. i'm sure it's totally NOT true, but now it's stuck in my head and so I never did the crying it out thing. until I had to get him off the middle of the night feeding, and that was the only time. I'm either raising the most confident kid ever, or the most spoiled brat on the planet. Stay tuned! :)

love that picture.

jordanb said...

It's such a guessing game!

Catherine said...

I'm the same way, Jordan! Cooper is almost four months now, and I keep telling myself that I'm going to let put him down drowsy, but awake and let him fall asleep on his own. But I just love it so much when he falls asleep in my arms!