Wednesday, December 3, 2008

1 Month, Baby!

Cash here. I’m one month old today and I’ve had a great day (except for when Mama stuck this hat on me to take a 1 Month Birthday picture. She wants me to have a "Birthday" hat on every month using a different hat. Really looking forward to it as you can tell. Maybe next month, my hat will fit). I kept Mama and Daddy up for a few hours this morning around 3 so they’re kind of tired but I’m good to go. Mama weighed me this morning and I’m 10 ½ pounds!!! She’s feeding me well. It helps that I’m a great eater. Mama thinks I get that from her but Daddy’s no slouch in that department either. I hit a growth spurt this week so I want to eat all the time. For some reason, it’s really frustrating Mama. She keeps talking about some “schedule”, whatever that is. She's always taking pictures of me when I'm laying on her so my head looks funny. She still thinks its cute...whatever.









The last month has been eventful. I was born, of course, and that was a doozy. Then I hung out with Mama and Daddy and Mimi and Aunt Traci and Ashley and Blake for a while at home. Then Mama started taking me to work every once in a while. I’ve been really good when she takes me to work. I lay in my basket and play and then I take a nap. Of course, then I eat. I do a lot of that, eating, playing and sleeping. Not always in that order. I like to call the shots sometimes. My cousin, Willa is at work too. She plays and sometimes eats but she never sleeps. I dont' know how she has so much energy? She's going to teach me some fun stuff when I get a little bigger. Like how to scream really loud just to hear my voice. And how to squish my nose up so everyone in the room thinks I'm the cutest thing ever and they'll give me whatever I want. Oh and you should see her work a room. She really puts on a show. I think she could make it big in Hollywood. She's awesome.



Also, I had my first Thanksgiving. It's some sort of holiday and all Mama and Daddy did is eat. Like, a lot. First, on Wednesday night, we went to Mammaw and Pappaw's house for Thanksgiving Mexican food. I had my first bad bout of gas that night and now, luckily, we don't leave home without Mylecon. That was no fun! On Thursday we went to Aunt Lea's church at Cave Creek and ate with her family for lunch. It was nice and relaxing and delicious! Well, judging by how much everyone was eating. Then after Mama, Daddy and I took a good nap, we went to Uncle Johnny's for dinner. I slept through most of the dinner. It had been a long day.
Mammaw's pretty table
Ashley and Cooper having some sparkling cider.

Aunt Happy and Uncle Goober (Adam)
The other six grandkids. Blake (aka Bubba), Cooper, Ashley (aka Sissy), Cameron, Rance and Cole.
Here I am snoozin at Uncle Johnny's. Mammaw really knows how to get me to relax.


The Friday after Thanksgiving, Mama had to go to work without me. And I was sad to see her go (not as sad her though. She definitely cried) but it was cool to hang out with Daddy. We watched the Deadliest Catch marathon and took lots of naps. We kind of made a mess somehow. It was weird because I don't really remember leaving the couch so I have no idea how we made a mess like that. Daddy just really knows how to make a mess. I'm sure it will rub off on me.



This week I decided to start smiling at Mama every morning. I look her straight in the eye and give her a grin. She says it makes her day but she still hasnt' captured it on film. I did it for Daddy a while back and I think she was a little jealous so I’m throwing her a bone. Last night/this morning when I really didn’t want to go to sleep, Mama remembered how much I liked to hear running water when I was really young . Turns out I still like it when I’m upset. I’m going for a record on the water bill. Daddy was in the bathroom with me running the shower for about 2 hours. Music to my ears. He kept trying to put me back in my bassinet but I kept telling him I didn’t want to go to bed yet so we’d head back to the bathroom. What a great Daddy. This trick really works in Mama's favor when she wants to take a shower. I just chill in my cool bouncer (that I'm big enough for now!) and listen to the water. What else is new? Oh and this is really fun. At night, my daddy talks to me and exercises with me. I stand up on him and straighten my legs. I totally hold up my head by myself for a really long time. My greatest show of strength, though, is how I can take Daddy to his knees when I get a good grip on his beard. I think I made him cry the other day. And sometimes I talk. I really try to impress when I have the energy. I’ve really been working on my cry too. I want to get it good and loud so everyone can hear me. Also, just the other day, I found my hand! It just popped up in front of my face and I followed it for a while. It was so weird. It’s like I was controlling where it went. Then check out the pictures of me holding my pacifier. I had it in my hand for a good two or three minutes. I’ve got a good grip even if it wasn’t totally on purpose. Please don’t tell my mom that it probably wasn’t on purpose. She was really excited. She keeps telling me I’m “advanced”. Tonight my Daddy started feeding me with a bottle. It tasted the same as what I get from Mama. They were saying something about “bonding” with Daddy. I’m not sure why crying in the evenings when he gets home isn’t considered “bonding” but I like this too. Okay, and when I yawn, Daddy calls me Mr. Magoo. Whoever that is.

Kickin' it in my bouncer. Being big is awesome.

I love to look out the window.

This is my Mr. Magoo face. ?
Holding my pacifier.
Oh look, I've still got it!
Here I am big & strong holding up my head.

Oh Daddy, I'm falling...

You're beard is so scratchy, Daddy!


Some things about me haven't changed. I still have the little white patch of hair on the back of my head. And I'm still spitting up buckets of milk every day. Mama has no idea how I'm still growing. What can I say? My eyes are just bigger than my stomach sometimes. Happens to the best of us. Mama just has to do a lot of laundry these days. I still really like to have lots of noise around. I can't handle it being so quiet. Daddy thinks that's the problem with me going back to sleep at night so hopefully, he's going to get me a good noise maker of some sort.
So I hope you enjoy the pictures. I really miss my Mimi and Aunt Traci and I can't wait to meet Sam & Alice & Ruby. Cousins are awesome and I've got so many. Mama is constantly wishing she had her camera even more because she thinks I’m so cute and she wants everyone to see. She's a very smart lady.

3 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

can i just tell you i soaked every bit of that up and was in heaven?? THANK GOD FOR BLOGS. that little guy is SO freaking adorable, and seriously LOOKS LIKE YOU! I can see it! sometimes I make things up, but that I am not making up.

That was a great entry - what an "advanced" little author already. :)

flitty said...

Pecious Jordan....absolutely precious moments. I know you are loving it.

Traci said...

Aunt Traci misses you!!!! And Sam, Alice, Ruby and Uncle Wade can't wait to meet you. Man I hate distance.... Love you!