Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday, Honey

Holy cow, I'm a bad wife! Derrek's birthday was the same day as my shower last weekend and he didn't get a proper post! He really didn't even get a proper gift. The only gift he got from me ON his actual birthday was that I agreed to name the baby Cash. That's right folks, the babies name is going to be Cash Leo Penick. We've gone back and forth for a long time. I've always liked the name Cash but I loved the name Leo (after my uncle Butch). My other problem with Cash as that an aquaintance had a boy a month or two ago and she named him Cash. It just felt like a strong name and I didn't think it was as neat with two of them running around in this small town in the same grade (I know there are many more Cash's out there). So, I found out that that family is moving out of town so my argument was leaking really quickly. Anyway, Derrek has been so excited about this name and it has been so fun calling him by his name for the last week!

The day after his birthday (Sunday), the kids and I took him to Kerrville for some treats and dinner. He used some of his birthday money on architecture books & we got him some CDs and a t-shirt. The t-shirt says "Cash" and he was so pumped. I have no pictures from dinner because we went to Mamacitas and they sing to you and that is Derrek's hell so we all three had to PROMISE that we would not act all birthday-y in the restaurant.

Wednesday, after our follow-up appointment with Dr. Vick in San Antonio ("everything looks good"), we did a little more shopping with his birthday money and here he is all decked out in his new gear.

I still need to get him something! Poor guy. He's been through so much and I didn't even get him a birthday gift!

2 comments:

The Rodriguez Crew said...

I love that babyPenick has a name! And I love Cash Leo! YAY! This kid is cool already. I can see him stomping around in his Vans & Hurley already.

jordanb said...

kid you not, derrek was shopping vans and chuck taylors for him last night online.